Welcome to the third day of the Waltzingmouse Stamps November Release previews! The DT and I will be sharing projects featuring FOUR new stamp sets that will be available for purchase at the Waltzingmouse online store starting Sunday, November 7th. You should have spied a bit of all the sets already! Any favorites so far?
Be sure to check out Claire, Anya, Bonnie, Jennifer, Joan, Julia, Laurie, Lisa, Lynn, Mona, and Sandie who all have fabulous projects to share with you!
Today I'm going to show you something featuring the new set called Vintage Ornaments. Vintage Ornaments set is full of FIVE unique ornaments & many other images which can be mixed and matched to create a wide variety of embellishments for your projects! Of course these beautiful ornament images can be cut/embossed using the Spellbinders 2010 Heirloom Ornament die template!
So let's get started... the cash holder is more fun so we'll start with that part. ;-)
Gift Card Holder
I wanted to create a fun keepsake to give money in. This way, the recipient can still use the holder as an ornament. The ornament actually holds the money/check/gift card in the back so you could also hang this on your tree until Christmas.
This idea is adapted from Martha Stewart's gift card holder. If only I had 1/2 her staff... my house would be as clean and organized as could be!
1. Die cut two pieces of felt using the largest ornament die.
2. Cut a horizontal slit in one ornament piece. (It's ok if you forget... I did... not too hard to fix later)
3. Carefully sewed the two pieces together... even I, who cannot sew a straight line managed somehow... granted, the seam ripper was my best friend for about an hour.
4. Stamp and emboss ornament image. Trim and adhere to felt ornament (on the side you DO NOT have a slit cut into)
5. Decorate as you see fit.
6. Most importantly, stuff money/check/gift card into your ornament.
You can't gift a gift card/money/check without a card right? So this is just a quick card using Text It and a fun image from the new set Around Christmastime. Also a little more glitter never hurt anyone - I covered my entire snowflake image with some fine glitter. (You can always click on any image for a larger view)
Thanks for stopping by! :)
Stamps: (Vintage Ornaments, Around Christmastime, Text It) Waltzingmouse Stamps
Cardstock: Papertrey Ink
Fibers: (ribbon, felt) PTI
Accents: (glitter) Making Memories, (pins) JBS
Tools: (ornament die) Spellbinders, (1 3/4 inch punch) EK Success