Wednesday, March 03, 2010

XOXO

It's been awhile since I've just been able to create. Since Jan, I haven't had much breathing room between the traveling and work. So it felt good to finally have a breather.

I got my hands on some of the Love Me Do collection from My Mind's Eye. I pulled my sewing machine out again... and finally mastered my fear of going around corners with the zig zag stitch. I think I even managed to sew straight for the most part...

When I saw the little punch out of the birds and the balloon, I knew I had to use it. Everything else just revolved around that. I punched out a heart and adhered it to the balloon. I also ran a clear glaze pen over the birds wings... while its not noticeable over the photo, I've had a lot of fun doing these days. It adds a little dimension.

The XOXO is also from the punch outs, but I trimmed it to fit my needs. Stuck a little hat pin through the ribbon and used a little glue dot to keep everything in place. :)

So fun and simple.

13 comments :

Dana said...

Your sewing is immaculate and that little punched out birds and balloon die is adorable. I can't resist smiling. Love the off-center cloud paper behind!

IamDerby said...

How cute are those birds? Love your cloud paper too!

cardcrazy said...

Those birds are just too cute! I am really liking my sewing machine right now too!

BethieJ said...

Belinda this is so CUTE!!! Nice job on the stitching!!! Have a GREAT day!

spikescreativeside said...

What a cute card! Love the birds! I have got to get me a sewing machine!

Hugs

~Spike

Cheryl said...

Very cute. That cloud paper makes it just perfect.

ashjoy said...

Love it, and glad you had some time to get inky!

chelemom said...

Such a cute card!!! : )

Val said...

Your sewing came out perfect! Super cute card.

Christine Riley said...

What an amazing card! I love your sewing and that image is just adorable. Cute!
Hugs, Christine

Bethany Paull said...

Oh girl! This ROCKS, right down to the little tag.

Lyn S said...

So cute!!!!

Kathi said...

Okay. This is screamingly cute. Great job with the sewing, though any sewing is great sewing when you're sewing-impaired like me. :D