Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Hello!

Haven't posted in awhile -- not because I haven't stamped... ok so there is that... but some of my cards are en route and I try my best not to reveal those cards until I'm 50% sure they've gotten the card. What can I say, I'm only patient for so long.

This card is for someone who I'm 100% sure doesn't read my blog -- the day they do, pigs will fly.

I was in a spring mood (in Pittsburgh it warmed up after being frosty last week) and I just got this fun Kim Hughes set. And you know what you do with new sets? You ink them up! ;) I refuse to have an uninked set in my stash. So before any stamp set can be put away, they sit on my desk -- begging to be inked. Some beg longer than others but this one didn't have much of a chance to beg. When the hubs came home today, he handed me my fun package and I promptly cut this puppy up at the dinner table. Pretty sure no rubber landed in our food.... just kidding. ;-)

I placed the chickies on the same block and stamped them as if they were one stamp. I actually restamped a few times since initially I placed the chickies a little further apart and they didn't feel like a cohesive unit. I colored up these little chicks with my Copics. And still not entirely getting the hang of them... but it doesn't look too bad right? Just amuse me and say yes. :)

I placed the chickies on the same block and stamped them as if they were one stamp. I actually restamped a few times since initially I placed the chickies a little further apart and they didn't feel like a cohesive unit. I colored up these little chicks with my Copics. And still not entirely getting the hang of them... but it doesn't look too bad right? Just amuse me and say yes. :)

Joanne Basile (love her blog... I'm one of her blog stalkers...) has a fun tutorial for button bows -- yes, tying a ribbon is like tying a shoe, but I wasn't a good fluffer. So for this card, I fluffed that ribbon up real good. Of course right now, its smooshed in an envelope... All that ribbon fluffing so I could get a great photo. :)


Stamps: Sweet Spring - CHF
Paper: Bazzill, Making Memories
Ink: Noir (Palette), Tsukino
Accessories: Avocado Button (PTI), Lemon Tart Ribbon (PTI), Copics, White Gel Pen

18 comments :

Cheryl said...

Cute, cute card! I love the colors together. Actually, I love everything about this card.

Joanne B. said...

Adorable!!! I always put a note on my cards that says "please fluff the bow!!" *giggle*

Julia Aston said...

what a great bright card Belinda! but now you're making me want spring and we have two seasons to go before that!!!

Carrie said...

Very cute!! But you know how I am with husky birds.. hahaha :)

Lee said...

Cute birdies and such lovely colours.

anya said...

Cute card! Very springy!

Val said...

That card is just so stinking cute! I love the color combo, the stamps and everything about it. Great job.

Claire Brennan said...

So 'tweet' sorry, LOL, couldn't resist!! it's a real cutie wee card!!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

This is so cute!!

Leah said...

So cute! Love the chicks:)

alexandra s.m. said...

How Adorable!

Mara... said...

this is so dang cute, Belinda!! The colors are perfect!

IamDerby said...

too cute Belinda! love those chickies.

Melissa said...

Very refreshing and springy! I love those chicks!

BethieJ said...

Belinda how CUTE is this card! I LOVE it.. I am gonna peek at the link you shared too!!

Sharron said...

Just checking blogs this morning. Your card is darling--love the happy little chicks!

peggysue said...

I really like the layout and colors on this card, nice arrangement.

Korin said...

So adorable!!!