Friday, August 07, 2009

I'll Never Forget You!

Hope everyone's having a terrific week!

This is just a fun little card using Elly and Friends. I actually had this card sitting on my craft area for the longest time. I couldn't figure out how I wanted to finish it off. Do you ever do that?

I really wanted to stamp Elly onto a fun patterned paper. She's just a delight to paper piece! :)

For some fun texture, I ripped my cardstock to give it a natural feel. And to help her "remember", I gave her a little string on her nose. Heehee! Elephants never forget though!

I think my own crafty downfall is using black or brown to do my supplemental highlighting. I just can't use other colors it seems! I just love the way it brings out the color though! :)

I also own a LOT of black cardstock (thanks to my favorite crafty roommate who made a scrappy book for a friend of hers). At least I think that's where the black cardstock came from...


Stamps: Elly and Friends (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps)
Paper: PTI (Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Everyday Blessings)
Ink: Pallette Noir
Accessories: Ribbon (Offray), Tag Punch (EK Success), Border Punch (Martha Stewart)

15 comments :

peggysue said...

I have a friend who always uses black on every card, it really sets it off nicely. The Elly looks great in paper piecing. Hope the string helps.

Lyn S said...

This is just so cute!

Cheryl said...

This card is so cute! I love all the little details--the string, the hint of a black border, the paper piecing--everything. Great job.

Heather the Mooselover said...

Cute card- I agree black can dress up any card.

Deedee Anderson said...

Adorable card, Belinda -- I love all the little details you put into this!

Lee said...

Love this card... the layout and the colours you chose.

Chrissy D said...

This is ADORABLE! I love the forgetme not, KNOT about the trunk. So cute!

Lisa Graves said...

Beautiful card!

Kathi said...

I love the knot around the trunk.

Such a cute image and card. I love the paper-piecing.

Black sets off everything so nicely. It's my "go to" mat layer.

Lisa Hjulberg said...

Adorable Belinda! I love that set... it's one of my faves. What a cute idea to tie a string around Elly's nose!

Marnie said...

Soooo very sweet I just love it!

Marnie said...

These are GORGEOUS!

Sandy said...

Super Duper cute! I love Elly!

Mara... said...

SO cute!!! I love this little elephant!!

BethieJ said...

Oh this is sooo CUTE Belinda.. love that elephant!! and the black is PERFECT here.. you know the funny thing .. I never use it.. but I think I am gonna try just that on a card this week! :) You have inspired me! :)